Day 30. A month of school days. One sixth of the way through the school year. 16%. But whose counting? ;-)
I'm not much of a Halloween person. I'm not against it or anything, I just mostly can't be bothered. But, for the kids, I try a little. Honestly, it's not that hard to bring a little Halloween into the lunch. Oranges and a sharpie, a few orange spoons and orange picks. It doesn't take much.
The Lunch Idea:
You know, breakfast for lunch. It's Wednesday of course. I have a schedule to follow. Bagels are always a favorite, and they're easy and quick to put together. Today I just cut them a little different and stuck the pieces on a skewer. The mini bagels are a perfect size for lunches. Add a little protein and a little fruit, and I'm just about good to go. I got a big bag of the little oranges at Costco last week, they are really juicy and sweet.
What's in the lunch:
- Mini bagel sandwiches. Two have cream cheese, one has butter, one has peanut butter.
- Honey yogurt in the little container
- Orange, grapes, blueberries
- Almonds and dried cranberries.
Questions and Tips:
- I secure the pieces of bagel on a little skewer just to help them stay together better and keep the lunch tidy.
- I started the oranges for them - I pulled a bit of the peel from the back, so they could get it going easier.
- This isn't my most protein packed lunch ever, but they had a protein heavy breakfast today (eggs, yogurt, multi-grain toast, and milk) so I'm not concerned about it.