The Lunch Idea:
This was a quick and easy lunch! A wrap is really just another way to make a sandwich, and then not call it a sandwich. But really it's anything you would put in a sandwich, just rolled in a tortilla instead. Another way to take something otherwise ordinary, and present it a little differently.
What's in the Lunch:
- The Wrap: Flour tortilla, cheddar cheese. Two have mayo, turkey, and lettuce. One has avocado and lettuce. One has refried beans. OK, you could call that last one a burrito, but it's cold, and the cheese isn't melted. That child won't eat turkey. Or avocado. And I thought just cheese sounded boring. But it's ok, she didn't end up eating that anyway either.
- Veggies: carrots & tomatoes
- Fruit: sliced apples
- Extra: apple bread.
Tips & Questions:
- I warm the tortillas for a few seconds in the microwave. They roll and fold much better and are less likely to break.
- I wrap them in plastic wrap after rolling, and then cut in half. They stay together after cutting much better that way.
- The apple bread recipe is coming real soon. I promise!
No fancy tools or containers used in this lunch - just our trusty EasyLunchboxes!