The Lunch Idea:
I'm trying to get my Halloween on! This is actually the first time this year that I've broken out any of my cutters. I got a big pumpkin shaped cookie cutter at the grocery store last month, and it's the perfect size for the lunch box. That, along with a few letter cutters just pressed part way into the quesadilla, and I had a Halloween lunch done in about 5 minutes.
This is a rare lunch where all four kids have all the exact same foods, I just varied the quantity a little. The littlest one has two quesadillas. The biggest one has four. The two in the middle have three.
What's in the Lunch:
- Cheese quesadilla - just a flour tortilla and shredded cheese, heated in the microwave for about a minute
- Half an apple.
- Bunny Grahams.
Tips and Questions:
- Whenever I pack something cut out in the lunch, somebody always asks what I do with the scraps. Well that's an easy one: I eat them! That's actually what I had for breakfast today.
- I often prefer to cook quesadillas in a pan to get them a little crispy. But they are easier to cut when they are not crispy, so cooking in the microwave is better if I want the tortilla to stay soft.
- To make the "BOO" I just used some mini letter cutters and pushed them in just far enough to make a mark, but not take anything out.
- I don't do anything to keep the apple from turning brown. You can read more about that here.