The Lunch Idea:
Monday is leftovers day! Sometimes that means that the kids get all the same, and sometimes they get a little different. It's a great opportunity to clean out the fridge and use up the little bits of stuff that aren't enough for a dinner.
What's in the lunches:
- Two have leftover cheese pizza, just cut into smaller wedges so it's easier to eat and fits in the lunch box.
- Two have leftover angel hair noodles, that have been tossed with sesame oil and soy sauce. They both have grape tomatoes, cut in half. One has a leftover salmon burger cut in bites, and one has some bites of leftover chicken. The one with the salmon also has a little furikake - it is a Japanese rice seasoning, made with seaweed and sesame seeds and a little salt.
- Organic animal crackers
- The little brown nuggets are chocolate covered almonds.
QUESTIONS AND TIPS:
- These lunches are all eaten cold. Noodles with sesame oil and soy sauce are one of our favorite cold dishes. You can add anything you like to these - any kind of shredded veggies or diced protein.
- These lunches are packed in EasyLunchboxes. The pink cups are from Ikea. And you can click to read this post about all of my other favorite lunch products.