The Lunch Idea:
Just an easy Monday Lunch here - this is leftover partially homemade pizza. I say partially homemade because I cheated and used a pre-made dough from Whole Foods. It was a really nice dough, if you're ever looking to take a shortcut. I often make my own, but this time of year I just don't have the energy. My dough recipe that I use for everything is here, if you're looking for a good basic dough.
Try as I might, I can't get my kids to eat anything other than basic cheese pizza. So this is as basic as it gets - a thinly rolled out dough, spread with a thin layer of plain tomato sauce, and sprinkled with a shredded cheese blend. If I'm making a pizza with other toppings I like to use just mozzarella, but for cheese pizza I think a blend of theses makes it taste a little better.
What's in the Lunch:
- Leftover cheese pizza
- Bunny Grahams
Questions and Tips:
- They will eat the pizza at room temperature.
- Here is how I cut apples.
- These lunches are packed in EasyLunchboxes
- The little silicone cups for the carrots are here.
- I bake my pizzas on a pizza stone. It really helps to get a crispy crust. I leave it in the oven all the time, on the very bottom rack. I think it also helps keep the oven heating more evenly. This is the pizza stone I have. It's also great for baking bread.