Another easy valentine lunch for my kiddos. On Sunday I made pancakes for breakfast, and I always make extra. They make for such an easy breakfast or school lunch. And if you fill them with healthy stuff, then you can totally feel ok about giving your kids pancakes for lunch! Along with their pancakes they have whipped cream, berries, grapes, apples, and cheese. And two have a few slices of salami hiding under the cheese.
How I made this lunch:
- Pancake hearts: I used my basic pancake recipe, but added a little extra milk to make the batter a little thinner. Then I put the batter in a condiment squeeze bottle and just squirted out heart shapes on my griddle pan. It takes a little practice, but it's really very easy.
- The pancakes are just stacked in paper baking cups.
- Maple whipped cream: I use a blender bottle to make quick homemade whipped cream. It's so easy, there's no reason to buy that stuff in a can. You just pour in your cream and shake for a minute or two. I add just a touch of maple syrup to make it a little sweet.
- The apples and cheese are just cut with a little heart cookie cutter (from this set). I slice the apples and just use the cutter to take out the middle, and then pop in the piece of cheese cut to the same size. For the babybel cheese I just press the cutter down just enough to cut through the was, but not the cheese
- The strawberries are just cut in half with the stem cut out in a little V, and slid onto bamboo skewers.
All product links included here are affiliate links. That just means that if you choose to order something via a link I've provided, you're sharing the love by earning me a little commission from Amazon.