The Lunch Idea:
Just a quick and simple quesadilla today. Monday is my full day, so I didn't feel like doing anything elaborate Monday night. Quesadillas are so easy. They can be as simple as just throwing some cheese on a tortilla and popping it in the microwave for a minute. It's our favorite go-to last minute meal. When I'm not in a total hurry I prefer to cook them in a pan. Especially if I am packing a lunch the night before, cooking them in a pan gives a little crispness and helps keep them from getting squishy.
What's in the lunch:
- Quesadillas - flour tortillas, jack & cheddar cheese, and two have diced chicken.
- Sour cream for dipping
- Sliced apples
- Fresh raw peas
Questions and tips:
- To keep your apples from browning, just slice them with a very, very sharp knife. This is the best tip I can offer for apples. Soaking them in various concoctions of lemon juice or whatever doesn't work as well as just a very sharp knife.
- I like to grill the quesadillas in a pan for a little crispiness on the outside.
- I try to always have some cooked chicken in the fridge - it's great for adding protein and flavor to a lunch like this.
- These will all be eaten at room temperature.
- Cook extra quesadillas! They keep great in the fridge, reheat easily, and make a great after school snack or quick lunch
Products I used:
- I core my apples with this.
- This is my favorite chef's knife, the one I use to slice my apples
- I sharpen my knives with this guy - it's cheap and it works great!
- Lunches are packed in EasyLunchboxes
- Sour cream is in these little Sistema dressing pots
- The peas have eyes! These little guys are a fun way to perk up your lunch!
- We pack our lunches in these Wildkin lunch bags.