The Lunch Idea:
I was so excited about this lunch, I had been thinking about it all week. I have been working on this muffin recipe and I finally got it just right. My kids love these muffins so much. And, despite the few chocolate chips, I feel pretty good about letting them eat them because they are mostly pretty healthy stuff. So of course I knew I was going to be packing my usual Wednesday breakfast-for-lunch, and this was a no-brainer because I had muffins already made and ready to go!
What's in the lunch:
- Homemade whole wheat banana chocolate chip mini muffins
- A little skewer of berries - strawberries and bananas
- Lemon Curd Greek yogurt
- More berries
Questions and Tips:
- This particular yogurt is one I bought locally. It's an awesome brand and they make the most amazing creamy yogurt. But I have copied this idea and made it myself before. You just need plain yogurt, honey, and lemon curd. Buy a good quality, thick and creamy (whole milk) greek yogurt. Sweeten it with a little honey, and then loosely fold in a little lemon curd. My lemon curd recipe is here, and it is ahhhmazing.
- In case you missed it above - my muffin recipe is here. These are so easy to make!
- These are honey nut cheerios because that's what I had in my pantry, but this lunch would easily be nut free if you just used the plain cheerios.
- I wish I could find those little flower pots for you, but I got them at a local market and I have yet to find them online. I'll keep looking though!
- The containers are also one I bought at a store and can't find online. The store was Daiso, which is an amazing dollar type store that sells all kinds of things from Japan.
(Links to products contained here are affiliate links. If you click through and purchase, I get a small commission. You don't pay any more, but it helps me keep this blog running.)