The Lunch Idea:
Friday sandwiches + Friday pizza all in one! I've been wanting to make this for a while, and a rainy Friday seemed like the perfect time. I did not make this lunch ahead, I just made it this morning. I'm not sure how well it would keep overnight with the pizza sauce on this very soft bread. Maybe on a thicker bread I think it would do fine, but this very soft whole wheat bread was all I had and I didn't want to take my chances. But they were easy to make and came together really fast, so making these in the morning was really no big deal.
What's in the Lunch:
- Pizza grilled cheese: just wheat bread, mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce
- Pomegranate seeds (from Costco)
- Grapes - they are so big that I cut most of them in half, although one child saw me cutting them and didn't want hers cut.
- Three have banana, one has a kiwi.
Questions and Tips:
- I put the tomato sauce between the cheese, to try to minimize how much of the bread got wet from it. I just cooked these in a pan on the stove, and let cool before cutting.
- These will be eaten at room temperature.
- These lunches are packed in EasyLunchboxes.
- The little pots with the seeds can be found here.
- You can read about all of my favorite lunch packing products here.