The Lunch Idea:
As I mentioned in yesterday's lunch post - my theme this week is about simple and easy. Quesadillas are one of my favorite fall back lunch ideas. They are easy to make and easy to eat. Personally I love quesadillas that are filled with all kinds of stuff. But kids are simpletons by nature, so I keep theirs more basic.
They are also easy to make ahead - I often have a bag of leftover quesadillas in my fridge, and my boy will go looking to grab a slice for an easy snack. So if you are making one, why not make extra, and save them for snack.
What's In The Lunch:
- Three have quesadillas. One is just cheese, and the other two have some leftover taco meat.
- Three have little tomatoes on the side.
- One child is currently on a quesadilla and tomato boycott. So she has chips and beans, with plain yogurt to dip the chips in. She is picky in weird ways. She won't eat a lot of stuff, but she'll eat chips dipped in plain yogurt. Whatever.
- Apples and bunny grahams on the side.
Questions and Tips:
- These lunches were made two days ahead. Quesadillas keep great!
- The taco meat is just browned ground beef, seasoned with a little cumin, onion, garlic, and salt. I don't buy packaged taco seasoning - I just don't see the point in it.
- Here is my post about the apples.
- These are all eaten at room temperature, we do not heat up foods at our school.