The Lunch Idea:
I like routine, and for me that includes following a meal plan. For lunch I just follow a schedule that helps keep me on track. And according to that schedule, Tuesday is "lunchables" day, or what I loosely define as just a snack box - crackers and other little things to nibble one. I usually just start by filling the box with little containers, and filling the containers until I've got what I think is a balanced meal. This week I went with a gluten free cracker, not because I had to, but because we love these crackers. They are made by Milton's and we get them at Costco. They are crunchy and salty - just what crackers should be.
What's in the lunch:
- Milton's gluten free crackers
- Protein: cheese, two have ham, one has peanut butter.
- Veggie: carrots, and one has some sweet peppers.
- Fruit: apples
- Treat: three have bunny grahams, one has a few little lemonade cookies.
Questions & Tips:
- Our school is not nut free, so I can send peanut butter whenever I want. But sunbutter works well too.
- Cutting carrots in little rounds like this is just an easy way to present them differently. Also, this way is great if you have a kid with a loose tooth. Biting off a chunk of carrot is hard with no front teeth - so these can just be popped in the mouth. Bite sized carrots!
- If you want to know how I slice the apples like this, watch this video.