You might look at this and think that it looks so fancy that it's something you will never actually do, but I'm telling you it's not. These are very basic ingredients and prepared with very simple tools. All you need is a little heart cookie cutter, some skewers or toothpicks, and some muffin papers or cups.
My lunches are all made in these lunch boxes.
How I made it:
- Skewers of grape tomatoes and cheddar cheese. The cheese is just cut with a heart cookie cutter. The tomatoes are sliced in half slightly diagonally and put back together (see below).
- Paper valentine's muffin cups that I got at the grocery store.
- Thick sliced salami with hearts cut out - using the same heart cutter as the cheese.
- A babybel cheese with a heart cut out of the wax, also using the same heart cutter.
- One slice of carrot, cut with the heart cutter.
- A variety of fresh berries - they are such pretty colors!
- A few little yogurt covered star cookies, in a silicon muffin cup - The cups are from Ikea.